Program Leader Commercial
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3316
Requisition Number: 14016BR
JOB SUMMARY: Program Leader
Responsible for technical, design, and functional leadership of Commercial product development, with a strong emphasis on electrification, from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified timeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the programs.
- Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members.
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics.
- Ensure manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyze field problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success. Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project Leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates.
- Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering Degree
- 5 or more years of project/program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience in similar industry.
- Strong technical background, including technical understanding of Polaris products, or similar vehicles.
- Ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, staff and suppliers.
- Ability to supervise people if necessary.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment.
- Travel between Polaris facilities as required for project management
- Some travel required <20>
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Leader Commercial
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US