Project Engineer - Commercial
Location: Anaheim, California US
Job Number: 3343
Requisition Number: 14067BR
JOB SUMMARY: Leads, directs andmonitors design, technical architecture, and development of commercial programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specifiedtime schedule. Position will have a dual responsibility of project execution combined with technical electrical product development deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages simultaneous programs that are 1-2 years in length.
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development process.
- Ensuringthat all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; managesprograms through a gated process on schedule and to budget.
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials andfunction.
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule andbudget from concept to production implementation in line with overall businessrequirements.
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, andfabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
- Lead and participates in design reviews on projects toensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functionalgroups.
- Interacts with purchasing, testing, manufacturing, andexternal suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects.
- Provides technical expertise in diagnosis of complexelectrical questions, designs, or problems.
- Recommends and implementssolutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems usingelectrical test equipment such as an oscilloscope, frequency generator, anddigital multimeter.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineeringwith strong electrical background required.
- 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer productengineering preferred.
- Strong technical background.
- Experience in the application of project management toolsand methodologies.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills,including written and oral.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems andprojects.
- Hands on experience using electrical test and assemblyequipment.
- Automotive or off road vehicle electrical system knowledgepreferred but not required.
- Pro-E experience preferred.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong ability to manage by influence.
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Commercial
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Anaheim, California US