Systems Engineer - Doors and Enclosures
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3347
Requisition Number: 14086BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain original specifications, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
- Supports component design, styling, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure the enclosures are meeting required specifications.
- Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy for all enclosure sub-system variants from concept through production.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
- Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
- Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside the team.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
- Works closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings.
- Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-8 years related design or system engineering experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes.
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast paced work environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer - Doors and Enclosures
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US