Development Engineer - Chassis Controls
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3348
Requisition Number: 14075BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aid in the design, development, and productionization of ORV electromechanical systems.
- Own the control systems calibration and tuning for non-powertrain systems including diagnostics.
- Provide input to controls system designers.
- Install and configure data acquisition systems. Record and analyze test data using statistical techniques.
- Lead verification and validation of new chassis controls systems.
- Review specifications for project/electrical/powertrain group for required controls of electromechanical systems.
- Aid in creation of new advanced technology development for electromechanical hardware/software systems required to achieve product plan and improve overall consumer experience.
- Assist in development of functional prototypes of electromechanical systems to demonstrate potential technology applications.
- Help facilitate meetings to coordinate activities between central electrical, powertrain/transmission, and chassis teams.
- Participate in field test / tune sessions as needed.
- Develop testing procedures and ensure that all measurement systems employ the appropriate technology for ORV electromechanical systems.
- Responsible for data integrity and all technical aspects of the testing process; ensure that all associated test results are analyzed and reported in professional and timely manner;
- Research alternatives, and implement solutions to meet design objectives.
- Other Duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering or closely related curriculum required
- 5 years minimum related experience in an O.E. environment or master's degree and 3 years experience in related engineering field
- Understanding and experience with electromechanical components including sensors, actuators, controllers, circuits, calibration environments, data acquisition, etc.
- Experience calibrating engines and/or other vehicle electromechanical systems
- Knowledge in developing vehicle control systems algorithms
- Familiarity with CAN bus operation and the SAE J1939 standards
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink or similar graphical programming environment
- Understanding and knowledge of electromechanical related component manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action. Quality and customer focused
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data acquisition software and analysis techniques
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Pro-E and PRS experience preferred
- Experience with FMEA preferred
- Experience with system specifications and general understanding of consumer requirements preferred
- Experience with validation and productionization of embedded software
- Rapid controls prototyping and software development
- Wire harness design and routing
- Understanding of ASIL standards
- ETAS INCA/MDA experience is preferred
- CanAlyzer experience is preferred
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Engineer - Chassis Controls
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US