SR Project Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3366
Requisition Number: 14120BR
Technical Type Role. Leads, directs and monitors design, technical architecture, and development motorcycle programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule. This role will focus on motorcycle initiatives, accessory and OEM development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages simultaneous programs that are 1-3 years in length with significant financial investment
• Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
• Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
• Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function.
• Utilize the Polaris product development process. Ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process.
• Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers within the team.
• Monitors resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
• Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
• Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
• Lead and participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
• Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommend and implement solutions.
• Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
• 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred. Strong technical background
• Pro-E experience preferred.
• FEA experience and application of FEA in design preferred
• GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups experience and application preferred
• Experience in the application of project management tools and methodologies
• Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, including written and oral
• Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
• Creative and innovative.
• Strong ability to manage by influence
• Decisive and prone to action.
• Quality and customer focused.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: SR Project Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US