Sr. Systems Administrator
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3372
Requisition Number: 14134BR
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's Windows Server, VMware Server and SAN shared storage environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition to supporting the day-to-day operations this individual will also be responsible for assisting the Developer, Application, and DBA teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission critical business systems. This individual will also act as a mentor to other systems administrators, providing technical expertise and by-example leadership to the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, upgrade and monitor the Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of VMware server environment.
- Configuration and maintenance of the storage area network.
- Configuration and maintenance of server hardware.
- Implementing and monitoring server security and access.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server infrastructure.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies; make recommendations to improve the current server infrastructure.
- Lead projects to upgrade or migrate infrastructure systems and services, and contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of existing systems.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements, quickly and correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and networking equipment that will support current or future business needs.
- Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies for management review and consideration.
- Provide technical assistance and direction to other team members.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required.
- 5-7 years experience in server and storage support.
- MCSE and/or VCP certification preferred.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, Group Policies, File Security, and Certificate Authority's.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting storage area networks. HP MSA and NetApp arrays preferred.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting rack mount and blade servers.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting VMware vSphere environments.
- Strong experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Veritas Backup Exec, and Citrix XenApp.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and related hardware and concepts.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft System Center Suite including Service Manager, Operations Manager and Configuration Manager preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate others and to mentor more junior staff, preferably in a team leadership role.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Strong project management skills including coordination, organization, documentation and communication abilities.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Be able to work in a global organization supporting multi-language and multi-cultural environments.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Administrator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US