Sr. Design Engineer – Suspension & Steering
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3381
Requisition Number: 14145BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Suspension Systems Engineers to design components, while staying on schedule, from concept to production implementation
- Create component specifications for new or modified suspension and steering systems
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance
- Develop CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervise their release through the Polaris Release System
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews to ensure proper communication and sign-off
- Analyze field problems and recommends possible solutions
- Participate in DFMEAs and DVP&Rs for suspension and steering systems
- Work with the Quality team for root cause analysis activities and document lessons learned
- Work with the Purchasing Team to select appropriate vendors and manufacturing solutions
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites and multiple countries
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package such as Creo Parametric required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment required
- Experience with GD&T, FMEA, and dimensional tolerance stack-ups required
- Experience in product engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Suspension, Steering, and Tires preferred
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Design Engineer – Suspension & Steering
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US