Sr. HR Generalist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3387
Requisition Number: 14132BR
The Senior Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is a strategic business partner to the Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) Global Business Unit, specifically supporting the Global Category Management teams. In this highly visible role, you will partner with Category Management leaders, to ensure human capital initiatives support the strategic priorities of the business. The Sr. HRG will demonstrate HR functional excellence and strong partnership with our HR Centers of Excellence in the execution of HR initiatives and annual processes (HRIS, Org. Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards), with the goal of designing anorganization (strategy, structure, people, processes) to achieve the long-range plans of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Talent: Lead Talent Management Life-cycle (Attract, Select, Orient, Develop, Deploy, Assess, Reward)
- Talent management for PG&A Powersports, including identification of talent needs and talent acquisition with the end game of building world-class teams with bench strength that can deliver against strategic and operational initiatives
- Build and maintain a strong leadership team through coaching, mentoring and development at all levels
- Actively develop and foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration, and employer of choice status
- Maintain visibility and active presence within the team, providing daily support and communication
- Actively participate in leadership meetings and strategy sessions
- Identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues
- Act as business partner to the PG&A Category Management leadership team to execute against strategic priorities and facilitate success against metrics, goals, and objectives
- Partner with business and HR leadership on design for the organization, including strategic and talent components described elsewhere in the description as well as:
- Balancing of organization structure to allow for maximum performance within teams.
- Develop and execute annual HR plans that enable and align with business agenda and priorities, employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational development and changes
- Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for client groups in organization and people development
- Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency
- Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources; Previous HR business partner experience required
- Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience required
- Comfortable with ambiguity and anxious to work with businesses and teams at varying points of maturity
- Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them
- Proven effectiveness in matrix and dynamic environment
- Experience with Lean and Lean HR preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS system-based software required
- Office environment, located in Plymouth, MN (Bass Creek Corporate Facility)
- Some travel (<20>
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. HR Generalist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US