Infotainment Software Lead
Location: Sunnyvale, California US
Job Number: 3390
Requisition Number: 14171BR
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software professional to lead the development of the HMI for our automotive, embedded Linux-based systems. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing Infotainment solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong team, coding, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
- Lead the design and implementation of flexible, reusable UI software modules for embedded automotive / powersports platforms.
- Act as a "player/coach" for the UI engineering team, leading by example.
- Support the Infotainment Product Owner with work estimates and scheduling, team assignments, etc.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to validate and realize concepts.
- Provide technical guidance on feasibility and offer innovative solutions.
- Deploy software on embedded targets and participate in integration and debugging sessions with team.
- Coordinate and align with local and remote engineering and design teams to ensure project timelines are met.
- Participate in an iterative design/development process to produce amazing team results.
- Produce high quality code and assist other engineers in producing high quality code. While we have QA and validation teams, we expect developers to write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
- Lead and co-ordinate efforts on code reviews, bug triage, build processes, etc.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Be an active participant in and help enhance an Agile development environment
- Take necessary measures toensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development
- Mentor junior engineers
- Constantly lookfor ways to increase the team's velocity and productivity
- Targetzero surprises; proactively react to the surprises that do happen
- Help build and maintain high team morale
- Bachelors and/or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of user interfaces (UI) for embedded applications and/or mobile devices.
- Experience leading/ mentoring a software team of highly skilled developers.
- Excellent coding skills in: Qt / C++ and QML. (A Plus: Experience with mobile frameworks including iOS/Android.)
- Solid knowledge and hands-on project experience in software projects using Linux.
- Knowledge on Compilers & Debuggers for ARM-based development.
- Excellent software design and coding skills and a working knowledge of software quality principles, including unit testing and code coverage analysis.
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) and demonstrated ability to effectively setup and steer distributed developments including necessary integration and release steps.
- A passion and dedication for developing great user experience on modern user interfaces with an emphasis on real-world usability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ADVENTAGEOUS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Previous experience in User Interface development for automotive infotainment applications.
- Experience with Qt Automotive.
- Knowledge on third party component integration like CAN stack, WiFi/Bluetooth, Navigation, and Network Management.
- Experience developing embedded applications on Linux.
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Infotainment Software Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunnyvale, California US