Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3394
Requisition Number: 14167BR
Responsible for leading the design process of Defense related components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Define BOM structure changes for parts and systems that are planned to be implemented.
- Creates component or system design requirements and specifications.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Coordinates design reviews on projects to ensure adequate cross functional input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
- Establish projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
- Create and maintain original specifications, DFMEA, and DVP&R
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &KNOWLEDGE:
- Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 years related design experience
- Preferred experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package such as CREO
- Creation of original system requirements and specifications
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter/Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on ITAR related items and ability to gain access to US and Allied military bases.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US