Snow Engineering Validation Manager - Roseau, MN
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3395
Requisition Number: 14184BR
This position will lead Polaris Global Snowmobile & Timbersled Test and Validation teams. The primary responsibility will be managing a team of engineers, technicians and validation processes to ensure products meet specifications including reliability, durability, vehicle performance and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide unwavering team leadership. Lead, develop and support global snow validation team to ensure results are achieved effectively and efficiently
- Ensure personal and product safety is the top priority for all validation activities
- Work closely with industry athletes, terrain dominators, dealers and customers for voice of customer input
- Develop rigorous & thorough lab and field validation processes based on customer input to ensure products are appropriately tested and validated
- Manage the activities of validation personnel to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and as specified
- Work closely with platform and systems teams to ensure validation issues are resolved in a timely manner, determining root causes and provide potential solutions
- Proactively create & track validation process metrics, including IR opening, resolution & closure
- Prepare and present DVP&R status reports throughout the product development cycle
- Actively monitor and report in season early warning issues. Report and drive resolution on warranty trends
- Provide leadership and support for SSCC certification & represent Polaris for Snowmobile industry standards
- Provide validation sign off for engineering release & approval of vehicle production & shipping
- Additional responsibilities include employee performance management, career development, resource planning, budgeting, & personnel selection.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S in engineering or related job experience
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years testing / validation experience, previous leadership experience desired
- Experience with data collection and data processing
- Knowledge of reliability and quality systems tools desired
- Powersports experience preferred
- Travel >30% in-season & <20>
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Snow Engineering Validation Manager - Roseau, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US