Technical Warranty Rep
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3421
Requisition Number: 14237BR
A Technical Warranty Service Rep is primarily responsible for reviewing and adjudicating warranty claims, ensuring claims adhere to set policies, processes and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide phone and electronic case support for cosmetic vehicle concerns and warranty authorizations
- Assist in the development, review and feedback for PDI/ set-up instructions, and short video presentations
- Lead cross functional teams as needed to reduce downtime of damaged vehicles
- Manage the vendor recovery process for cosmetic warranty claims and other vendor recovery initiatives as required
- Adjudicate warranty claims to remain familiar with all claim aspects
- Participate in team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Corresponds with engineering groups and Polaris dealerships regarding warranty authorizations over the phone or via electronic correspondence
- Provide internal support to Dealer Support Reps, Technical Service Reps, Warranty Parts Inspectors and all other internal customers as required
- Provides dealership feedback on warranty business processes and provides recommendations on improving overall service and warranty business practices.
- Additional duties as required by the needs of the department or company
- Mechanical aptitude in powersports and/or automotive
- Three to five years of customer service experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide recommendations for resolution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and typing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Science or related field (strongly preferred)
- Standard office and shop environment - fast-paced (some hands-on technical work)
- Limited travel required, up to 10%
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Warranty Rep
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US