Marketing Specialist, Owner Experience
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3428
Requisition Number: 14258BR
The Owner Experience Specialist is a member of the Motorcycles team, working to grow loyalty and advocacy across our three rider segments by leading efforts to engage, recognize and grow our owner base for Indian Motorcycle. In this role, the Marketing Specialist will directly lead all North America relationships, and they will guide and provide best practices to their global marketing counterparts to drive consistency and eliminate duplication. The role will lead the day to day management of current and new customer engagement programs, as well as provide insights and recommend opportunities through the analysis of engagement trends with owners and any relevant market data. The role will also provide ad-hoc support for other brand experience initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Global Lead on Indian Motorcycle Owner Engagement
Lead the day-to-day operations of IMC owner engagement, including Indian Motorcycle Rider Group (IMRG)
- Develop and lead recruitment and onboarding for new chapters/local clubs working closely with Dealers, DRMs and Owners to ensure they are setup for success
- Manage ongoing chapter support, including fueling relevant local activations
- Develop and execute chapter/member renewal strategy and execution
- Develop and execute an impactful and efficient member Welcome/Renewal Kits
- Increase One IMRG / Owner engagement approach globally (e.g. renewal process/execution, events, content)
- Proactively address problems and develop scalable solutions
Fuel Grass Roots Owner Advocacy
- Support strategy development and lead execution for owner engagement at the local level through IMRG or alternate owner engagement programs.
- Plan and support regional owner activation strategy
- Lead efforts to ensure seamless integration into existing marketing programs, partnerships, and efforts
Lead Execution on Owner Marketing and Content
- Create and manage an ongoing content calendar for owner engagement leveraging as much existing content and stories as possible
- Ensure relevant and timely connections across all three rider segments
- Support management of all digital and physical connection points - website, owner FB, magazine, emails, etc.
- Support Owners Events in collaboration with IMC Events team - guide strategy and engagement opportunities, but lead all owner specific communication
- Boots on the ground at all supported owner's events in the US, and a minimum of 1 global event annually
Support Adhoc Brand Experience Related Marketing Efforts
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3+ years of related experience. Motorcycle industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of relationship building, accountability and delivering results
- Agility and desire to learn: Able to flex when needed and not get stuck in the status quo - willing to learn, try new approaches and expand skill set.
- Courage: ability to hold ground with stakeholders (dealers, officers, members) with confidence in tough situations while demonstrating empathy and respect; de-escalate issues when needed Self-motivated, proactive, with the ability to make rapid adjustments in response to business needs.
- Highly collaborative, willing to work the matrix across functions and levels to achieve results.
- Excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- 30% travel (driven by seasonality and events)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Specialist, Owner Experience
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US