Snow Engineering - Systems Engineer - Roseau, MN
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3431
Requisition Number: 14278BR
The Snowmobile Systems Engineer has ownership of mechanical systems & design related activities in support of Polaris snowmobile driveline and engine integration.The preferred candidate will have chassis/engine integration, brake & driveline experience. This individual is responsible for executing design/technology activities of new & existing system(s) from concept to production, to achieve product objectives within a specified schedule & cost target.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute all design/system related activities associated with delivering a new system in support of all the Polaris Snowmobile & PDP requirements.
- Intimate knowledge of all related manufacturing processes such as castings, forgings, extrusions, machining, molding, stampings, heat treating, plating, painting, & powder metal.
- Experienced in the selection of materials, material properties, and processes best suited for the application.
- Lead the creation of component and system level specifications based on customer requirements. Work closely with the program teams to define system requirements, to lead them through the engineering tradeoffs associated with various configurations.
- Support all design related component styling, purchasing, servicing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, weight and cost.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of formal design reviews (ARR/PDR/CDR) in support of individual projects.
- Responsible for system related modeling and drafting activities using PTC CREO & Windchill engineering software while ensuring conformance to the ASME 14.5M-1994 standard.
- Experienced in applying Design for Manufacturing and DFMEA techniques.
- Responsible to oversee all analytical substantiation activities in support of structural, thermal, system dynamics, and fluid dynamics.
- Capable of outlining validation plans for specific components and sub-systems in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the decision process for the selection of engineering & supply chain partners for various vehicle systems and components.
- Drive continuous process improvement across the design organization. Improve product quality while decreasing product development cycle time and cost.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum.
- Minimum 6 years related design/system experience in an O.E. environment.
- Proficient CAD user. Preferred experience with PTC CREO CAD modeling software and Windchill Enterprise Data Manager.
- Experienced with GD&T & DFMEA applications.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in system design.
- Experience in conducting rigorous root cause analyses and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction. Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects in parallel while prioritizing assignments accordingly.
- Good strategic vision and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
- Strong people skills, able to work well in a team environment.
- Experienced with MS Office (Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Located in Roseau, MN. Mix of office, shop, production and field support.
- Fast paced environment. Focused on design for weight (DFW), design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for cost (DFC).
- Travel as needed (up to 10%)
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Snow Engineering - Systems Engineer - Roseau, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US