Project Engineer, Vertical Integration
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3440
Requisition Number: 14297BR
Title: Project Engineer Vertical Integration
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand the current Strategic Operations approach and how it enables Long Range Plans (LRP). Support on-going refinement by providing analytical contributions and practical insights.
- Use the growing toolbox of operations processes to drive standardization of vertical integration and insourcing related work. Develop and document process improvements as standard work.
- Network with stakeholders in various departments and locations to facilitate alignment where vertical integration and insourcing can drive incremental value Polaris-wide.
- Use creative thinking and problem-solving skills to identify new value creation opportunities related to vertical integration and insourcing. Use analytics to measure and validate the value of various opportunities.
- Build awareness and agreement for specific value creation projects related to vertical integration and insourcing. Get the key participants on board.
- Execute the implementation of vertical integration and insourcing projects in a manner that attains the safety, quality, schedule, and cost expectations.
- Communicate status, progress and risk.
- 4-year, BS Engineering degree
- 2+ years industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Results that demonstrate organization and drive
- Flexibility to lead projects with a variety of manufacturing disciplines
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Location: Greater Minneapolis Area
- Engineering and office environment working conditions
- Travel Requirement: 25%
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer, Vertical Integration
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US