Location: Monterrey, MX
Job Number: 3441
Requisition Number: 14290BR
Responsible for working with the facility EHS Manager to coordinate, plan, analyze, and implement Polaris's environment, health and safety values, requirements and pollution prevention principles in support of a zero environmental and safety incident culture in Monterrey, Mexico. This position is accountable for the development and implementation of programs and processes that ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements as well as internal and external EHS requirements.
This position will be a member of the Corporate EHS organization with reporting responsibilities to the Monterrey, Mexico facility EHS Manager. The position will work closely with all plant personnel in achieving the objectives of environmental compliance and zero employee safety incidents.
The EHS Coordinator will act as the facility environmental compliance lead and demonstrate strong knowledge of local environmental regulation. The EHS Coordinator will be expected to support the safety organization and possess a solid understanding of employee health and safety requirements and risk reduction methodologies. Manufacturing processes in these facilities include welding, painting, fabrication, and assembly. The position will be located in Monterrey, Mexico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and Polaris objectives, policies and procedures.
- Effectively coordinate and execute environmental programs.
- Understands and oversees the facility's permitting processes (i.e., reviews: applicability, permit application process, permit negotiations, permit compliance systems) and represents location in regulatory discussions with agencies
- Coordinates and tracks corporate goals or metrics (incident reductions, energy, water user and waste generation).
- Manage environmental agency inspection procedures and oversees agency relationships
- Understands and helps implement requirements pertaining to facility safety programs
- Manage projects that continuously improve EHS performance and operations; including EHS programs, corrective and preventative action plans, and VIP projects focused on improving facility resource efficiency.
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of acts / regulations / requirements related to EHS.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or related field combined with relevant work experience required.
- Master's degree in Environmental Engineering or Science strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the environmental, health and safety function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to influence others.
- Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
- Comprehensive problem solving skills.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Monterrey, MX