Manufacturing Engineer, Weld (Project)
Location: Osceola, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3451
Requisition Number: 14339BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage complex projects.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of production, engineering & management.
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods and standards. Provide solutions to problems adversely affecting operator safety, quality, productivity, and/or cost.
- Develop and update process documentation.
- Define tooling and fixtures used in the manufacturing process. Coordinate with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and processes.
- Assist in development of welding procedure specifications (WPS) and procedure qualification records (PQR).
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction.
- Support project technical needs (domestic and international travel required, ~25%).
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Education & Experience Option 1: BSin Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering plusat least 3years of weld manufacturingexperience
- Education & Experience Option 2: BS inWeld Engineering or Weld Technology plus at least a Weldinternship (or more experience)
- Able to travel ~25%
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Familiarity with AWS/ASME codes and standards preferred
- Proficiency with FMEA and Control Plan creation preferred
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Weld (Project)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Minnesota US