Finance Intern Summer 2020
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3466
Requisition Number: 14306BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Finance Internship Program (FIP) accelerates career development for upcoming college graduates who wish to build a foundation of business knowledge and leadership skills. Depending on your placement, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in financial analysis, month-end reporting, and P&L management, all while navigating ambiguity and developing communication, project and time management skill sets.
During this 12-week paid internship, you will have the support and resources you need to develop your business and finance skills while establishing relationships with Finance leadership. You will also be paired with a Manager and a Mentor who are committed to your success. Upon completion of the internship program, interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility.
You will be placed into an assignment based on interest and business need, in any of the following areas:
- Business Division Planning and Analysis
- Operations / Cost Accounting / Engineering
- Corporate Budgeting and Forecasting
- Corporate Accounting
- Treasury / Audit / Tax
- International Finance
- Interns are typically placed in one of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN.
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance/Accounting or related degree
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA, preferred
- Able to complete a 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2020)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Leadership experience in work, organizations or classroom
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Intern Summer 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US