Electrical Engineering Development Program 2020
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3476
Requisition Number: 14318BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Engineering Development Program (EDP) offers a robust opportunity for engineering graduates who share our commitment to the design and production of world-class vehicles and engines. Our unique two-year development program will help you develop essential skills in Polaris Engineering processes that provide a broad-based understanding of the product development cycle while giving you in-depth exposure to our customers and their needs. The program provides the resources, support and environment to help foster both personal and professional success.
Rotations can take place in a variety of our teams including, but not limited to Small Vehicles, Snowmobiles, ORVs, On-Road vehicles and Engines. Our rotations may also include exposure to International teams and projects. The variety of assignments gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about. These rotations will ultimately help pair your skills with our business needs at the completion of the program.
During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our leadership team that will continue to grow throughout your career with Polaris.
As an Electrical EDP, you will:
- Expand your skillset through assignments within Design Engineering and a Manufacturing Engineering role for two of your rotations
- Gain experience in Project, Test or Development Engineering depending on interests and business needs
- Challenge yourself where every assignment has a new set of business challenges that require you to have a wide range of experience within a variety of engineering roles from the very foundation of your career
- Work as a team cross-functionally integrate product designs for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability while providing optimal customer centric products for Polaris
- Experience roles where you can design and improve products and processes, reduce costs and improve quality
- Demonstrate your competence on complex cross-functional projects that stretch beyond most new college graduate positions
- Participate in Technical Training courses and projects that will help you to enhance your engineering core competencies
Mobility is expected of our EDP participants. EDP's are typically placed in any of the following locations: Roseau, MN; Wyoming, MN; Portland, OR.
- Eligibility for a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee's contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Graduating between December 2019-June 2020
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Ongoing geographic flexibility; you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
- Education and/or experience in applying embedded controllers
- Highly developed computer skills using electrical engineering and MS office software
- Fundamental software programming skills
- Basic Analog and digital Circuit analysis and design
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Experience with Mechanical systems and engines
- Basic electric machine and magnetics skills
- Power electronics skills preferred
- Test & simulation experience
- Background in control theory
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineering Development Program 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US