Human Resources Development Program 2020
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3480
Requisition Number: 14322BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Human Resource Development Program (HRDP) offers you the unique opportunity to accelerate your career development, business knowledge, and leadership skills through three, 12-month long rigorous business rotations within the HR function. In each rotation you will be challenged to develop your skills and further build your business foundation through engaging in various parts of the business, interacting with management, and developing innovative solutions to real business challenges. This rotational program is designed to accelerate the team member's development by exposing them to Polaris' businesses through a variety of critical assignments and targeted learning in Human Resources.
Our 36-month Development Program allows you to take a deep dive into what it is like to be a true HR professional at a passionate, challenging, and innovative company. Each assignment provides challenging developmental opportunities that will enhance and expand your human resources capabilities. As an HRDP associate, you will have experience a wide range of work assignments such as creating and improving HR processes, organizing and aligning resources to achieve business objectives, and providing HR support by partnering with leaders to link human resources to business strategies and results.
HRDP Associates each have an individualized development plan for three, 12-month rotation long rotations that will give you the chance to facilitate change, lead initiatives, and manage projects. These rotations are designed to help build a solid and well-rounded business background, focused in Human Resources and can be in any of the areas:
- Corporate HR Generalist supporting any of our businesses
- Operations HR Generalist in a manufacturing location
- Center of Excellence working with Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development or Total Rewards
Some of the highlights of our rotation include: regular performance feedback, facilitated coaching and development, ability to experience Polaris products first-hand, pay-for-performance bonus structure, and early exposure to senior management.
- Mobility is expected of our HRDP participants. HRDP's are typically placed in any of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN; Spirit Lake, IA; Osceola, WI; Roseau, MN; Wyoming, MN; and Huntsville, AL
- Eligibility for a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee's contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- Completing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Human Resources or other related degree
- Graduating between December 2019-June 2020
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Ongoing geographic flexibility; you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Development Program 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US