Manufacturing Operations Development Program 2020
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3482
Requisition Number: 14320BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Manufacturing Operations Development Program (ODP) offers a robust opportunity for engineering and business graduates who share our commitment to defining and delivering world-class manufacturing processes and products. Over a span of 2-3 years, our ODP participants will experience 3-4 rotations. This rotational program is designed to accelerate the team member's development by exposing them to Polaris Operations through a variety of critical assignments and targeted training.
As an ODP, you could work in Manufacturing Engineering, New Product Engineering, Quality, Safety, Lean. Selected students are matched with rotational opportunities that support business strengths & needs, personal development and interests.
ODP rotational opportunities could include (but are not limited to): Manufacturing Engineer, Production Supervisor, Material Flow Analyst, Lean, Safety, International and many other opportunities. The first 24-36 months of your career will be spent within different rotational experiences that will develop crucial skillsets that will build your knowledge base of the industry.
As a Manufacturing ODP, you will:
- Challenge yourself as every assignment has a new set of business problems that will give you to have a wide range of experience within a variety of roles from the very foundation of your career
- Champion your Project Management skills through planning, leading and executing key assignments that track directly to the business goals
- Monitor and improve both product and process performance to improve quality and drive down overall costs for the company
- Have the autonomy to bring innovative solutions to the table that will have the ability to advance Polaris' manufacturing processes
- Stretch yourself with complex cross-functional projects that go beyond assignments that most new college graduates would get to participate in
- Drive solutions to real-world business problems that the company is facing
- Receive hands on experiences and in-depth training and career mentoring, providing you with all the tools necessary to have a successful career in Operations with an expressed desire to obtain a leadership role
Mobility is expected of our ODP participants. ODP's are typically placed in any of the following locations: Osceola, WI; Roseau, MN; Spirit Lake, IA; Huntsville, AL; and Wyoming, MN.
- Eligibility for a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee's contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Graduating between December 2019-June 2020
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Ongoing geographic flexibility; you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Operations Development Program 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US