Core Operations Engineering Development Program 2020
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3483
Requisition Number: 14319BR
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Engineering Development Program (EDP) offers a robust opportunity for engineering graduates who share our commitment to the design and production of world-class vehicles and engines. Our unique two-year development program will help you develop essential skills in Polaris Engineering processes that provide a broad-based understanding of the product development cycle while giving you in-depth exposure to our customers and their needs. The program provides the resources, support and environment to help foster both personal and professional success.
Rotations can take place in a variety of our teams including, but not limited to Small Vehicles, Snowmobiles, ORVs, On-Road vehicles and Engines. Our rotations may also include exposure to International teams and projects. The variety of assignments gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about. These rotations will ultimately help pair your skills with our business needs at the completion of the program.
During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our leadership team that will continue to grow throughout your career with Polaris.
As a Core Operations EDP, you will:
- Expand your skillset through required participation in a Design Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer roles for two of your rotations
- Experience rotations in Project, Systems, CAE, Test or Development Engineering depending upon your interests and the business needs at the time of your rotation
- Challenge yourself where every assignment has a new set of business challenges that require you to have a wide range of experience within a variety of engineering roles from the very foundation of your career
- Work as a team cross-functionally integrate product designs for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability while providing optimal customer centric products for Polaris
- Experience roles where you can design and improve products and processes, reduce costs and improve quality
- Demonstrate your competence on complex cross-functional projects that stretch beyond most new college graduate positions
- Participate in Technical Training courses and projects that will help you to enhance your engineering core competencies
Mobility is expected of our EDP participants. EDP's are typically placed in any of the following locations: Roseau, MN; Wyoming, MN.
- Eligibility for a Polaris vehicle after 1 year of service to experience the product first hand
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee's contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Graduating between December 2019-June 2020
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Ongoing geographic flexibility; you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint
- Able to solve real world engineering problems and apply active process improvement methods
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Core Operations Engineering Development Program 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US