Technical Writer - Accessory Instructions
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3493
Requisition Number: 14366BR
Design, develop, write and edit dealer setup instructions and accessory instructions to meet customer and consumer needs and to support corporate goals for quality, growth and global capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple project priorities and work schedule based on deadlines and input from production schedules and PRS work lists, as well as special requests from team members and other customers.
- Gather material for writing assignments from engineering, service, legal, compliance and other sources as applicable.
- Confer with legal, compliance, service, production and engineering personnel as applicable for compliance regulations and product technologies.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, formatting, terminology and grammar.
- Obtain photographs, drawings and other graphic components to illustrate material.
- Deliver completed publications to print vendor, web, dealer extranet, translators and internal customers based on project requirements.
- Execute LEAN initiatives.Drive out waste in processes and systems. Increase productivity, speed and quality/accuracy.
- Think about publications and requirements globally. Consider International product development teams and customers when developing publications solutions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Product knowledge required, hands-on mechanical experience preferred, thorough understanding of basic mechanical concepts required.
- Effective written skills for explaining processes across multiple audiences.
- Experience using a content management system preferred.
- Basic software skills required: Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional), Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Experience with XML and 3D software is a plus.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information and anticipate its potential effect on both current and future projects.
- Ability to evaluate whether information, events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Knowledge of document design strategies for planning and creating publications.
- An understanding of the off-road powersports industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field desired; comparable or equivalent work experience considered.
- Five years of publication experience using an electronic publishing system desired.
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
Travel as needed (approximately 5-10%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer - Accessory Instructions
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US