Staff Design Engineer - Chassis/Structures
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3503
Requisition Number: 14406BR
Staff Design Engineer - Chassis
Improve the performance, cost, and quality of ORV structures by developing strong platform plans that complement the long-range product plans, implementing new technologies and methods, managing key metrics/KPCs, and mentoring a highly-motivated team of systems engineers. Lead the creation of specifications, designs, and analysis of new and existing structural components and systems for ORVS. Position location is preferred to be at the Wyoming, MN facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of platform plans for structures that complement the long-range product plan for ORVs.
- Create specifications, complete the design, and analyze structural components and assemblies in support of the development and refinement of off-road vehicles
- Initiate and maintain schedules, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs
- Develop design processes to maximize structural efficiencies
- Mentor and support the development of other engineers
- Generate layouts for vehicle concept activities and guide team to appropriate architecture/platform
- Develop technology insertion plans to support light weight designs
- Develop standard work processes and procedures for the design and analysis of structures
- Domestic and international travel may be required (<15>
- Take responsibility for other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of structures design, analysis, manufacturing, and validation activities
- Proven track record of successful project execution and continuous improvement
- Analytically strong with ability to organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and efficiency
- Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, aerospace, or agricultural engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the design and analysis of structures in an industry applicable to off-road vehicles is required
- Strong organizational skills and experience influencing other leaders
- Significant experience in product development
- Experience with Ansys or similar FEA is strongly preferred
- Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and engineering standards is required
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Design Engineer - Chassis/Structures
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US