Product Line Sales Associate
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3504
Requisition Number: 14404BR
The Off-Road Vehicles Product Line Sales Associate is responsible to provide support on order shipments and logistics with the dealer network, in support of RFM. This position proactively anticipates needs, identifies schedule adjustments, monitors trends and recommends process improvements in order to improve sales operations. Individual also responds to field sales operational requests to support sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead identifying order / ship issues; provide oversight to third party who communicates solutions to the dealer network via phone and email.
- Ongoing data analysis of order & ship plans to identify & monitor trends; make recommendations to improve process from the insights and observations within the data.
- Empowered to deliver solutions that provide a positive dealer experience while identifying opportunities to improve the dealer's view of the Retail Flow Management (RFM) program.
- Ensure Polaris successfully achieves Ship plan and dealers have adequate stocking by problem solving issues and partnering with Polaris Dealers, Polaris Sales Team and Sales Operations to solve issues.
- See beyond the immediate issue at hand and identify opportunities to provide dealers with proactive solutions.
- Lead third party to place outbound calls to Polaris dealer network and field sales team corresponding follow-up communication. May play active role in calling dealers during critical time periods such as model year transition as well.
- Accountable for follow-up with dealers to assure problems/issues receive a timely response or resolution. Lead communication on highly sensitive, complex or critical issues.
- Respond to Sales Operation requests from Field Sales personnel through a dedicated email inbox, and apply solutions through internal systems.
- Establish and maintain positive dealer and Polaris Sales Team relationships, to maintain a professional image on behalf of Polaris.
- Maintains daily reports in Microsoft Excel of shipment changes and reports on overall trends in dealer attitude and sentiment toward RFM.
- Develop shipping performance and trend reporting for ORV business unit.
- Effectively analyze various reports in order to obtain pertinent and accurate information while tracking key performance indicators versus objectives.
- Develop solutions and process improvements to improve orders and ship performance
- Complete ad-hoc business reporting necessary to answer time sensitive questions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Powersports or motorcycle dealership experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and treat each contact with professionalism and respect
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage stressful interactions
- Ability to ask questions, easily process information and translate that to action
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to connect with audience and articulate thoughts, while building swift trust with dealers
- Current knowledge of computer software and applications - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and SharePoint
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proven track record of analytical skills and ability to translate data into insights that drive action
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Fast-paced, office environment
- Limited travel may be required
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Line Sales Associate
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US