Director, Engineering Battle Ground
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 3510
Requisition Number: 14434BR
A key engineering leadership position responsible for leading development of Polaris' In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems, displays and gauges at the Polaris Battle Ground, Washington location. This leader will lead both Mechanical and Electrical Hardware, Regulatory, Program Management and Technology for these key sub systems and products. This team works together closely with the Digital Design & Experience team and the Global Software/ Firmware team to produce a seamless user experience across each of the customer touch points of the Polaris Ride Command system. In addition, this team engages nearly all of Polaris' product lines including Off-Road Vehicles, Snow, Motorcycle, Slingshot, Commercial, Government & Defense and Parts, Garments & Accessories. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Polaris' Connected, Electrical and Software (CES) team.
- Lead mechanical and electrical hardware engineering on In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems, displays and gauges
- Lead Regulatory certifications and maintenance on key aspects of Polaris display technology
- Direct technology pre-development activities to stay ahead of competition. Anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Key contributor to product and technology roadmaps
- Lead the collection and management of hardware and regulatory system level functional requirements.
- Ensure programs meet design requirements and are delivered on schedule and budget.
- Anticipate technical, schedule and cost risks, implement countermeasures and plans to achieve.
- Defines, creates and implements diagnostics, plans to debug and resolve issues.
- Attract, develop and retain a competent and engaged engineering staff.
- Estimate scope of work, cost and schedule of key development programs while offering high value and ability to hit Say:Do ratio.
- Collaborate and direct third-party development staff as appropriate
- Provide onsite engineering support to the production line as needed
- Key contributor to monthly Product Development Councils (PDCs) charted with strategic planning
- Build positive team environment with high engagement and team effectiveness across multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated competency (10 years)running/directing hardware teams ideally developing embedded systems
- Demonstrated competency in high-level hardware architecture for embedded systems
- Experience in program management and launch.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success is collaborating, communicating and developing partnerships across multiple sites
- Willing to travel to multiple locations.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Engineering Battle Ground
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US