Mgr, District Retail-1
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 3513
Requisition Number: 14425BR
Develops and maintains strong dealer relationships to meet and exceed corporate and district sales objectives for retail growth, increasing market share and upgrading the dealer network while projecting a professional image on behalf of Polaris. Successfully influence and partner with dealers to ensure consumers' retail needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Partner daily with powersports dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence, enhance retail, drive Polaris & dealer profitability and improve the end user experience.
- Collect dealer feedback on retail and competition and share the results with their Regional Sales Manager
- Reports issues, opportunities, status, and sentiment of dealer network to Regional Sales Manager
- Accurately forecast retail trends and develop countermeasures when needed
- Leverage Menu Selling to maximize PII's competitive advantage while driving dealer profitability and improved consumer shopping and digital shopping experiences
Wholegood Retail (ORV + SNOW):
- Set effective and market appropriate stocking profiles & effectively communicate with TSM team to ensure the stocking compliance of those profiles are met
- Strategically influence dealers' showrooms through walk the store, merchandising, and point-of-purchase to reflect seasonal consumer programs and market needs
- Conducts training on sales process and product for dealers
- Execute traffic and closing plans to maximize retail through traditional and digital retail planning
Parts, Garments and Accessories:
- Lead showroom merchandising and accessorizing strategies to improve overall retail experience for consumers
- Create consistent demand for PGA through proper merchandising that yields $/unit growth
- Drive sustainable Power Items stocking through training and team selling with their TSM
- Assist dealers and corporate stakeholders with the planning and execution of consumer events, both in store and at remote locations
- Monitor and drive Polaris branding requirements
- Review speed and quality processes with dealers around detractor engagement
- Leverage Secret Shop to help dealers realize and understand their deficiencies with digital and in store customer experiences. Drive positive change through training.
- Improve dealer understanding and capability around digital traffic and closing through training
- Drive improved website conversation by improving the quality of dealer websites
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years' field sales and retail sales or dealership experience with proven track record preferred
- 3-5 years' sales administration, distribution and customer service experience
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- Must possess highly effective influence and relationship-building skills, excellent at customer service
- Analytical and sales oriented - able to craft a strategic sell-in based on demonstrated profitability and productivity measures
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to Multi Task, can manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Light Mechanical aptitude, hands-on - willing to roll up sleeves
- Entrepreneurial, independent, self-starter
- Strongly Preferred - Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris business and Polaris product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product
- Dealer management system knowledge
- Remote/home-office work environment, with travel
- Travel required up to 80% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
- Reports to Regional Sales Manager
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, District Retail-1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US