Marketing Specialist, Customer Engagement and Growth
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3515
Requisition Number: 14453BR
Customer Engagement and Growth is focused on expanding our customer base to underrepresented communities in Powersports (e.g. Millennial, Female, and Multicultural audiences). The Specialist role will lead projects to execute marketing communications and events that will build awareness and drive deeper connections with new customer target audiences for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Event Execution for Customer Growth Team
- Using an established strategic framework, facilitate Polaris integration into regional events, including display, demos, speaking opportunities, staffing plan, lead collection efforts, etc.
- Partner with brand/event teams to leverage existing plans, resources and guidelines to ensure brand alignment & consistency.
- Engage with agency resources to plan event logistics and details
- Lead on-site activation at key events including set-up, vehicle logistics, customer engagement, staffing, and tear down
- Build, manage, and train a talent pool of employee volunteers who can be activated as speakers, panelists, and event staff at Polaris events.
- Lead collaboration with field sales and dealers to enable local activation
- Partner with brand teams to execute customized post-event communications to event attendees.
- Assist with tracking and measuring effectiveness of event activations, including monthly reporting
Support Consumer Plan Execution for Customer Growth targets
- Engage with brand team Specialists to understand media communication plans, upcoming event activations and find opportunities to drive inclusion and synergies with Customer Growth efforts
- Source brand creative and other media assets to support media planning efforts
- Support development of direct marketing materials and on-line communications
- Manage approval process with brand teams, Legal, agencies and partners
Discover New Communities of Riders and Fuel Grass Roots Advocacy of Polaris Brands
- Support Customer Growth team efforts to find new communities of riders that fit the Customer Growth profile
- Lead outreach to underrepresented rider communities (ride clubs, off-road parks, etc). Plan and execute regional rider engagement and activation strategy
- Cultivate relationships that will lead to authentic event integration and activation with identified strategic Customer Growth consumer segments
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5 years of related experience (Marketing, Advertising, Events, Digital).
- Proven track record of critical thinking, executional excellence, organization, accountability, relationship building and delivering results
- Self-motivated, proactive, with the ability to make rapid adjustments in response to business needs
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to work across functions and manage conflict while maintaining relationships and achieving results.
- Excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Spanish language ability a plus
- Up to 25% travel for key events, will include some weekends
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Specialist, Customer Engagement and Growth
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US