Off Road Vehicles International Business Development Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3519
Requisition Number: 14447BR
The International ORV Business Development Manager is responsible for the development and execution of penetration strategies that deliver the sales, distribution, and regional objectives for Off-Road products into new markets outside of North America. The objectives are achieved through development of a comprehensive vertical market and competitive analysis leading to a comprehensive strategy and execution plan for engaging key customers in the value chain (i.e. End Users, Influencers, Partners, Distributors and Dealers). The market entry strategy and plans include recommendations on target customers, product portfolio, value proposition, channel(s) to market, organizational structure, and supply chain. The implementation of this strategy will require a detailed action plan with appropriate metrics that demonstrate to ORV leadership that the objectives are being achieved.
Given the highly cross-functional nature of this role, all the above activities will require close coordination with the in-region leaders and teams, ORV sales, marketing, human resources, engineering, operations and finance functions. Implementation and successful execution of the plan to meet sales, growth, partnership, brand awareness, and market share capture goals is core responsibility and ultimate measure of performance for this role. This role is critical part to driving growth and new business internationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and conduct market analysis of key growth markets, influencers, competition, and channels to market with initial focus on agriculture in Latin America, Eastern Europe and Russia but also addressing other global ag markets.
- Develop and implement a prioritized entry strategy for growth markets that enables ORV to achieve its sales goals.
- Lead the effort to identify suitable acquisition targets and/or supply chain solutions that support the business strategy.
- Identify and engage end users, influencers, partners, distributors, and dealers in target markets to drive specification/preference for ORV products.
- Determine resource, personnel, consultant, and other support requirements necessary to execute the plan and strategy for ORV sales in growth markets. Provide inputs into the 5-year planning cycle, justify, and advocate for requisite support to meet and exceed objectives.
- Develop and manage a dealer network to support the ORV ag growth strategy in in global markets
- Partner with the ORV teams in local markets to secure opportunistic orders for ORV products in the region.
- Execute initial implementation of regional strategy and sales plan to include market capture and expansion.
- Lead the annual strategic planning efforts and deliver the sales budget, market expansion, and growth objectives for the global ag vertical market.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and lead person responsible for global ag business performance and growth outside of North America.
- Cooperate with regional and local market team leaders to ensure a long-term business partnership with clients.
- Coordinate with ORV operations to optimize manufacturing plans and to ensure that APLA service and quality levels are met.
- Assist the ORV product development team with specific global ag market product development.
- Determine and drive new product sales throughout global ag markets.
- Establish, maintain and utilize a broad network of contacts, especially local authorities concerned with network development
- Develop strong relationships, rapport and cadence with ORV leadership to keep team informed of changing market conditions within key regions/markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years experience successful management of a mid-sized distribution organization.
- University/Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience within an agriculture business (equipment manufacturer, distributor, ag inputs, technology, other) and overall knowledge of the agriculture industry strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Spanish/Portuguese preferred, additional languages a bonus
- Direct experience working with a non-US Based company.
- Enthusiastic leadership, excellent communicator and strong people manager.
- Understands local laws and regulations applicable to Polaris related industries and distribution channel required.
- Strong external focus and excellence in relationship building and communication
- Experience working with or knowledge of Powersports/Industrial/Commercial vehicle distribution networks strongly preferred.
- Strong financial acumen
- Extensive international travel (30 to 50+%)
- Home office will be located in Plymouth, MN. Travel to other MN based locations required regularly (Medina, MN & Wyoming MN)
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions in USA and other countries will be required.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Off Road Vehicles International Business Development Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US