Program Leader - Graphics
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3522
Requisition Number: 14456BR
This position will provide high-level leadership of the ORV Graphics team and support for all ORV Graphics along with coordinating the execution of various decals and warning labels. This role will interface with leadership, industrial design, manufacturing, engineering, and vendors in the completion of model graphic development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads (directly supervise) the ORV Graphics team
- Owns and tracks project finances including labor, tooling and expenses. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Required attendance at Graphics Review Milestones held in Medina.
- Decal development from concept stage to production, including the creation, approval, and release of drawings and kits.
- Coordinates with suppliers to ensure validation and release of decals to meet build dates
- Prepares and coordinates engineering change orders on modifications to decal parts.
- Supports pilot builds by tracking required components, attending and monitoring builds, and providing direction and/or training to line operators as needed.
- Oversees and adjusts bill of materials to reflect model aesthetics resulting from Graphics Review Milestones
- Monitors schedules and expedites as necessary to ensure on-time delivery for pre-production builds.
- Supports manufacturing and quality problems relating to materials, dimensions, tolerances, and color verification.
- Recommends and implement solutions for any manufacturing and quality problems and/or late design change requests
- Performs other miscellaneous project-related assignments as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree required, engineering background a plus.
- 3+ years of program leadership, project management or leadership experience in a similar industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good leadership skills and ability
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines with a cooperative attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Background in Polaris PDP process or similar state gate process highly preferred.
- Knowledge of print production/graphic design.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Experience with MAPICS, PRS (Polaris Release System), and/or structuring of bill of materials.
- Previous experience leading a team (either direct reports or indirectly)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Leader - Graphics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US