Program Analyst - Off-Road Vehicles
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3524
Requisition Number: 14460BR
The Factory Choice Program Analyst is a key member of the ORV Product Management team with responsibility to provide insights and recommendations to improve performance of the Factory Choice Program. The expectation is to go beyond traditional reporting and provide actionable data and translate trends to facilitate change and improve business performance. Main areas of analysis include market, consumer, competitive, wholesale and retail trends.
This role will serve as the connection point of product planning to retail through the combination of data, reports and insights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize internal & external data sources to define, gather and analyze package level demand and retail data. Make recommendations to product management team for future product offerings.
- Analyze market and customer trend data to develop business cases for future factory choice offerings
- Identify demand trends using multiple tools to improve days to retail and customer satisfaction through data driven stocking recommendations
- Conduct inventory analysis to identify potential offerings generated from customer demand
- Develop new tools and templates to simplify the research process as well as the data output to the field sales team & dealers
- Provide timely and accurate monthly packaged insights to sales, demand planning, and product management including in-depth analysis
- Manage Factory Choice business cases throughout product development process
- Maintain Macro and Future trends data base to report out on marketplace changes
- Serve as a product management representative to support the implementation of the new Product Information Management system (PIM)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
- 3-5 years' experience in business analytics
- Experience in retail industry or with multi-step distribution companies is strongly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build plans for complex initiatives that work across teams
- Excellent Excel skills especially working with pivot tables
- Experience with query and BI tools with the aptitude to learn new ones quickly, SQL is a plus
- Corporate office environment
- Travel required, up to 10% of the time
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Analyst - Off-Road Vehicles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US