Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3528
Requisition Number: 14470BR
Polaris's Data Science team works with business leaders across the enterprise to drive optimized strategy using data. The Data Scientist is responsible for creating recommendations for complex business decisions using predictive analytics. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing and implementing production algorithm scoring, and communicating results. You are primarily a data scientist but are passionate about developing advanced end-to-end analytics and technology solutions that drive value for our business.
- Develop analytical approaches to strategic business decisions
- Extract, cleanse, and combine data from multiple sources and systems
- Perform exploratory and targeted analyses, with a wide variety of statistical methods including: cluster, regression, decision tree/random forest, time series, neural network and others
- Collaborate cross-functionally to arrive at actionable insights
- Synthesize analytic results with business input to drive measurable change
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results to business management
- Develop and continually improve multi-source data architecture and analytics procedures, systems, workflows
- Contribute to the development of end-to-end data driven solutions
- Integrate and productionalize model results into both cloud and edge compute hardware platforms
- 2+ years of work experience in a predictive analytics-focused role
- Masters degree in Applied Statistics/Mathematics, Data or Computer Science, or work experience equivalent
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices
- Experience with data preparation, rationalization, and processing in a cloud environment
- Highly proficient with one or more data mining/predictive modeling tools: SQL, R, Python
- Highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI
- Practical understanding of mechanical systems and diverse hardware integration methods both a plus
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US