Sr. Brand Marketing Specialist - Off Road Vehicles
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3538
Requisition Number: 14497BR
Responsible for leading and growing the ORV side-by-side brand and business by building and activating the annual go-to-market plans. Core marketing responsibilities include Brand Management, Creative and Content Development, Paid Media, New Product Introductions, Social Media, Experiential Events, Public Relations and Retail Management.The ORV Sr. Marketing Specialist is the brand team's product expert on all things ORV. This role will lead the ORV brand team and partner with external agencies, brand partners, ambassadors and the cross-functional team to deliver retail results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the development and activation of the ORV annual brand strategy and plans. Increase household penetration, generate high potential leads and increase loyalty and advocacy with the industry's largest owner base.
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities for the business with new and core target consumers
- Responsible for leading and executing annual brand planning, brand campaign development as well as leading the core team to execution.
- Lead all brand building activity and execution through internal and external partnerships, media planning and creative execution.
- Create and execute owner loyalty strategies to increase referral and repurchase
- Drive long range brand strategy and lead rider insight development
- Lead and define the strategic positioning and definition of the ORV brand
- Ensure the brand architecture, voice and guidelines are applied and activated across the entire business
- Develop deep consumer empathy to guide the strategic direction of the business
- Leverage market data, competitive activity, demographics and lifestyle trends to identify new global market opportunities to drive the strategic objectives of the business.
- Lead voice of customer research to guide business strategy
- Create and execute new product launch and go-to-market plans. Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, agencies and PG&A to execute integrated launch plan from consumers to dealer activation
- Develop and manage multi-million-dollar national marketing budget.
- Develop and implement paid media strategy and plan (TV and digital), website management, social media and public relations.
- Lead the annual strategy and execution of the brand's event strategy, including the national demo tour
- Help lead the planning and execution of numerous events, leveraging partnerships within the adventure space
- Develop the annual strategy to advance the brand's personalization and 1:1 communication approach
- Leverage CRM database to drive highly targeted brand campaigns to nurture prospects and drive repurchase of existing owners
- Manage competitive analysis, including new product introductions & countermeasures to gain share.
- Partner with ORV Sales to develop plans to maximize retail opportunities to grow each brand and models in Polaris Dealerships.
- Create, track and deliver marketing budgets to quarterly & annual commitments.
- Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions.
- Ensure appropriate mix of working vs. non-working spend and traditional vs. new media.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or related function
- 3-4 years of brand marketing experience
- Brand management experience preferred
- Experience managing external agency resources
- Proven track record of marketing expertise and successes, with experience in strategy development, competitive analysis, advertising, digital marketing, promotion and market research
- Retail experience with channel model preferred
- Strong results orientation, demonstrated ability to take action and drive results
- Outstanding leadership skills and proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills, including verbal presentations or written plans, with ability to influence and influence across and outside the organization
- Standard office environment
- Travel: Periodic
Location - Plymouth (Headquarters)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Brand Marketing Specialist - Off Road Vehicles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US