Sr. Systems Administrator Lead
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3554
Requisition Number: 14518BR
The Systems Administrator Lead provides key knowledge and process leadership to the System Administrator team. They are responsible for the strategic oversight of the Windows Server, VMware and shared storage environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for assisting the application, database and developer teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission-critical business systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in the day-to-day guidance of the Systems Administration team, such as managing workloads and providing direction.
- Serves as a project manager/resource manager for the team.
- Identifies and envisions solutions which deliver business value.
- Creates and provides status updates and presentations as required.
- May participate in budget planning activities
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Plan, design, implement, and optimize datacenter and branch office server/virtualization/storage infrastructures.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server/virtualization/storage infrastructures.
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices.
- Manage existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and performing optimally.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Efficiently assess complex projects with a variety of requirements, accurately prioritize tasks, provide correct time estimates and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues pertaining to TCP/IP networks, servers, virtualization, storage and applications to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures.
- Develop standards and processes for Level 1 and Level 2 staff.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global systems support.
Skills, Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required.
- 7+ years of corporate IT experience as a Systems Administrator in a global environment.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO and Security.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting storage area networks, rack mount and blade servers, and VMware vSphere environments.
- Experience administering and supporting Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration tasks.
- Azure experience, including Azure Active Directory will be considered a strong asset but is not required.
- Maintains and continuously builds upon technical knowledge within areas of expertise.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies is required.
- Certifications: MCSE and/or VCP a plus
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Administrator Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US