Project Engineer – Manufacturing Site Development
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3561
Requisition Number: 14362BR
The Project Engineer - Manufacturing Site Development integrates and supports Polaris Central Operations Supply Plants and other Non ORV/On Road Plants (NorthStar Precision - NPV (Vietnam), WSI (Monticello, MN), Osceola WI, Battle Ground (Washington) and potentially others as requested). Will act as a consultant/liaison between these sites and core Polaris sites and Corporate based teams. Will lead the development of robust processes to ensure the safety, quality, cost, VIP and delivery of products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead multiple concurrent projects that could range from any manufacturing or operations related area of need (EHS, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, New Product Introduction, Material Flow, Lean).
- Transfer applicable knowledge, processes, equipment, and best practices.
- Interact with various groups throughout the organization to identify, obtain, and analyze relevant information
- Establish metrics in alignment with core Polaris operations and businesses as well as VIP.
- Work with sites to identify, obtain, and analyze relevant information to evaluate items such as total delivered cost, execution feasibility, inherent risks, and potential alternatives.
- Identify, recommend and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Design and develop analysis tools and processes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering, business, or related field
- Minimum5+ years related experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects with globally located, cross functional teams
- Strong influence and project management skills to drive change
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated competence in manufacturing processes at the plant and/or corporate level, including Polaris PDP
- Working knowledge of manufacturing cost drivers and accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to operate throughout ambiguous situations
- Strong experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Polaris' products, production technologies and Lean management processes required
- Ability to quickly learn and gain new skills when needed
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment and pivot quickly on priorities with flexibility
- Sensitivity to and willingness to learn new cultural norms
- Extensive Travel (50%+ Domestic and/or International) required
- Job may have flexibility to be based out of other locations other than Medina
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer – Manufacturing Site Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US