Senior CAE Automation and Process Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, Michigan US
Job Number: 3563
Requisition Number: 14535BR
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of Automation of CAE Processes and Knowledge Management of CAE data to enhance the Product Development Process.This role will have end to end responsibility from designing to deployment of automated processes to complete tasks in the areas of CAE reporting and data management. This role will impact speed, data quality, knowledge capture, and decision making within the design and analysis process, ultimately supporting the product development of new vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Automation: Design, protype, test and deploy automation of CAE processes and tools.
- Data Management: Develop tools to share and manage global data and knowledge efficiently.
- Dashboards: Design automated metrics dashboards to support early design input and monitoring progress.
- Support Methods Development: Help develop tools to implement customer focused Polaris specific best practices.
- Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-5 yrs. experience in Python, TCL, C++ and other scripting language.
- Strong expertise in data structures and algorithms and database development using SQL
- Solid understanding of computer programming, software and GUI development.
- Experience with engineering process mapping, development, and automation highly preferred.
- Preferred understanding and familiarity with CAE tool types (ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench, HyperMESH, Optistruct, CFX, Fluent, Adams, Motion View, nCode DesignLife, DOE), and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Glyphworks). Other Software tools okay also.
- Experience with advanced numerical problems preferred.
- Understanding of systems engineering, DOE, and optimization.
- Powersports knowledge ( engine and vehicle systems ) and passion to deliver for the customer.
- Ability to work across business analyst and developer role. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- Computer Science or B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior CAE Automation and Process Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Michigan US