Sr. Project Engineer - ORV Continuous Improvement
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3565
Requisition Number: 14530BR
Focus on systemic product and process improvements within the Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Engineering group by developing systems and best practices necessary to continuously improve Polaris ORV product. Specific focus and effort to be placed in the ORV design function and supplier communication to coordinate and perform activities needed to investigate a topic, identify root cause and implement containment and corrective actions. In addition, must also work with service, purchasing, and internal manufacturing as needed. Qualified candidate should not only be able to analyze topics and drive continuous improvement, but effectively communicate with internal stake holders as well as domestic and foreign suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Project Leaders in developing continuous product improvement plans.
- Manage root cause analysis activities through tools such as A3 and 8D. Own and assist in corrective action activities.
- Work with engineering to assure lessons learned are captured, documented and incorporated into their specifications and validation plans.
- Initiate and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of Root Cause Analysis, DFA, GD&T and other standardized systems introduced into Polaris.
- Participate in key project milestones. Includes Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews as well as participate in Service Rapid Response Meetings.
- Network with other project engineers to review best practices.
- Support Peer Teams as needed.
- Interact with and direct resources at multiple ORV and product group engineering sites.
- Support program technical needs (domestic and international travel can be required).
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMTES:
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in ORV technical role
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem solving methods is preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X).
- Knowledge of tools including, but not limited to FMEA, SPC and APQP.
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Project Engineer - ORV Continuous Improvement
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US