Software Engineering Manager - Infotainment
Location: Sunnyvale, California US
Job Number: 3572
Requisition Number: 14544BR
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software professional to manage the team that develops the HMI for our automotive, embedded Linux-based systems. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing in-vehicle Infotainment solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong team management, software architecture, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective leading a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and mentor a strong team of software engineers.
- Interview, hire, and recommend for team expansion and growth, including full time employees and contractors.
- Lead the design and implementation of flexible, reusable UI software modules for embedded automotive / powersports platforms.
- Support the Infotainment Product Owner with work estimates and scheduling, team assignments, etc.
- Provide technical guidance on feasibility and offer innovative solutions.
- Coordinate and align with local and remote engineering and design teams to ensure project timelines are met.
- Participate in an iterative design/development process to produce amazing team results.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to validate and realize concepts.
- Lead engineers to produce high quality code, including having developers write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
- Lead and co-ordinate efforts on code reviews, bug triage, build processes, etc.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Take necessary measures toensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development
- Constantly lookfor ways to increase the team's velocity and productivity
- Targetzero surprises; proactively react to the surprises that do happen
- Build and maintain high team morale
- Some domestic travel is required (~10%).
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience leading/ mentoring a software team of highly skilled developers working in C++.
- Track record of successful on-time shipping of software using an Agile development model.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and resource management.
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of user interfaces (UI) .
- Excellent software design and architecture skills, with a strong knowledge of software quality principles, including unit testing and code coverage analysis.
- Experience in agile development models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) and demonstrated ability to effectively setup and steer distributed developments including necessary integration and release steps.
- A passion and dedication for developing great user experience on modern user interfaces with an emphasis on real-world usability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ADVANTAGEOUS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Previous experience in User Interface development for automotive infotainment applications.
- Experience with Qt or similar UI toolkits.
- Knowledge of automotive infotainment technologies such as CAN stack, WiFi/Bluetooth, Navigation, and Network Management.
- Experience developing embedded applications on Linux.
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Manager - Infotainment
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunnyvale, California US