Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 3574
Requisition Number: 14550BR
- Directly supervises and oversees the workmanship for all mechanical, facilities and electrical staff
- Prepares work schedules and provides technical work direction or develops solutions to specific technical problems.
- Establish, execute, and manage predictive and preventative maintenance programs, schedules and record keeping of all facility and manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly work areas Perform special projects as assigned
- Supervise facilities staff and contracted services
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, schedules, personnel, utility and material requirements
- Assist in the procurement of outside contractors to carry out specific mechanical or electrical assignments.
- Identify and collect data to justify equipment and manpower additions.
- Supervise improvement projects, equipment moves and capital equipment installations.
- Drive safe and healthy work practices within the team while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in the maintenance, contractor and custodial teams.
- Identify environmental, safety and ergonomic risks and develop and execute plans for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree
- Plant services experience required with mechanical, electrical maintenance, plumbing and HVAC systems experience.
- Metal working knowledge is a plus (including welding and fabrication).
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (specifically Arc Flash, Lock Out/Tag Out and OSHA 30 hr training) is required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret design drawings and tooling prints
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as required; \"on-call\" duty is required
- Ability to work well with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced work environment
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Supervisor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US