Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 3575
Requisition Number: 14549BR
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead process improvements through evaluation and optimization of line balancing, material flow delivery, part presentation, workstation layout, and overall elimination of waste. Leads cross functional team to define scope, brainstorming, action planning, implementation, and calculation of benefits to improve efficiency.
- Develops, implements and standardizes across all the plants and product lines work measurement techniques and labor utilization standards.
- Perform time, motion, and video studies and elemental breakdowns of all manufacturing processes to analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to resolve bottlenecks and improve efficiency through application of lean principles including cycle time takt time charts, best sequence, and precedence.
- Collaboration with production, engineering, quality, and materials teams during new production introduction launches to incorporate new products into current line balance and material flow replenishment processes.
- Responsible for coordinating the training of manufacturing and support personnel when implementing new process, equipment or techniques.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facilities layout and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to increase efficiency and reduce waste. Estimate future manufacturing requirements, process improvements, and potential capacity.
- Identifies opportunities such as restructuring work content, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment to optimize the manufacturing process. Establishes standard methods to calculate the workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize the workspace effectively.
- Works closely with Packaging, Materials and Production planning group to benchmark, document and implement kitting methods, in plant material transportation and line side presentation that enables the right part at the right time in the right quantity.
- Research new processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- BS / MS degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Process Engineering or related field or actively working toward completion of degree with demonstrated relevant experience in process line balancing and material flow.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- Process analysis - Takt time vs. cycle time
- Line balance activities on mixed model assembly lines with option configurations
- Process analysis and efficiency improvement activities in fabrication, welding, and paint operations
- Capacity and constraint analysis
- Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization
- Project management - plan, develop and execute
- Design for assembly & manufacturing
- Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Proficient in MTM / MODapts or equivalent (predetermined motion time system) a plus
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- Highly motivated individual with the passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US