Location: India, IN
Job Number: 3582
Requisition Number: 14482BR
Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
• Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
• Prepares complex design, drafting, and layout drawings using Creo. • Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost. • Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, assembly and cost conformance; DFM/DFA - Design for manufacturing/Design for Assembly
• Performs engineering calculations and other engineering analysis.
• Performs tolerance stack up analysis, clearance checks and GD&T
• Identifying early potential failure modes for a product by using DFMEA tool IQRM to assess the risk associated with those failure modes, to rank the issues in terms of importance and to
identify carry out corrective actions to address the most serious concerns and Preventing design process mistakes.
• Coordinates design reviews on projects to ensure adequate cross functional input and involvement from all interested groups.
• Closely work with Systems Engineer to identify design requirements.
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5+ years design engineering experience related to brakes, suspension, steering, engine integration, driveline, chassis, doors, enclosures, or seats.
• Experience with Creo (Pro/Engineer) 3-D CAD modeling package required.
• Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software required.
• Experience with Creo Piping preferred.
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred.
• Working knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5.
• Proficient in performing tolerance stack-up evaluations.
• Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
• Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Working conditions:
• Fast paced office environment.
• Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
• International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: India, IN