Electrical Systems Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3589
Requisition Number: 14559BR
Polaris is seeking an Electrical System Engineer to join the Central Technology team. The charter of the Central Technology team is to plan and execute technology feasibility programs in support of multiple Polaris product lines. As an Electrical System Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for electrical system design on technology demonstrating proof of concepts, assess technology feasibility and form application development proposals.
This role will interface with various Polaris internal product/business Unit specific team members, centralized engineering functions as well as external technology development partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define critical technical requirements and milestones for technology proof of concepts
- Develop technology concept selection justifications
- Interface with product management and product specific engineering staff to align on technology interest
- Interface with external partners to align on project technical charter and provide electrical system support on externally developed proof of concepts
- Collaborate with business unit specific engineering staff to align on technology commercialization recommendations
- Host technology feasibility and proof of concept reviews
- Provide technology development roadmap recommendations
- Summarize technology GAP analysis against feasible product/feature/functions
- Create and maintain technical feasibility summaries and technology proof of concept lessons learned
- Attend industry technology shows for scanning of enabling technologies and provide application feasibility assessment against developing technologies
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3 years minimum of Electrical Engineering experience
- Strong interest in technology development and proven capability of tying technology to application benefits
- Experience with communication networks, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
- Track record of supporting multiple projects concurrently
- Track record of internal/external technical partner/supplier engagement
- Track record of electrical system level design/requirements development
- Experience with mechanical design and/or electrical mechanical systems integration
- Experience in presenting technical content to non-technical audience
- Effective in technical problem solving
- Experience in project management
- Experience in commercial agreements
- Basic software programming skills and experience in model based programming
- Human-machine interface and display experience
- Some travel required <15>
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US