HR Manager, Legal and International
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3611
Requisition Number: 14567BR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for Legal function HR business partnership, working as the HR leader for the General Counsel of Polaris
- Additional HR responsibility within the International business unit, supporting up to two regions
- Provide HR support by partnering with assigned business leaders to link human resources to business strategies and results.
- Ensure high HR service levels and assist in facilitating two-way communication among functional areas and human resources.
- Coach and consult with leaders on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness.
- Align talent strategies to business needs. Provide strategic staffing and recruitment consultation (working with a centralized talent acquisition organization) in identifying, interviewing and selecting qualified candidates.
- Provide direction to ensure alignment between customer groups' objectives and rewards programs; facilitate the timely, accurate and appropriate delivery of these programs.
- Assist in driving improvements to HR policies, practices and processes across sites, taking into account cultural differences.
- Provide employee relations support, facilitate issue resolution and develop and implement solutions to organizational and people related challenges.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with organizational leaders in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance.
- Provide training, communication and coordination of HR programs, benefits, and processes. (e.g. merit planning, performance management, bonus plans, etc.)
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to address and satisfy the strategic needs of the business
- 5-7 years of broad-based HR experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required. Master's Degree in HR or Business preferred.
- Must have 5+ years working as a strategic business partner, ideally working with groups spread across multiple locations and/or divisions
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Flexible mindset to meet the needs of a globally growing business and team.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees and various cultures.
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, matrix environment, with a track record of accomplishments with measurable business impact.
- Customer focused while requiring a sense of urgency and continual drive for process improvement and results.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Manager, Legal and International
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US