Senior Associate Marketing Manager- Channel
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3620
Requisition Number: 14629BR
This position requires a highly motivated, strategic leader focused on continuously improving how marketing messages are received from consumers and dealers in their local market. Applicants for this job should show marketing expertise, sales and/or dealer knowledge, strong analytical and communication skills, flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and great time management. Key responsibilities include translating national brand campaigns to sales and dealer audiences, with clear call to actions for each stakeholder to impact retail. This person will be responsible for the effective on-going communications between our sales team and the brand team to ensure there's clarity in marketing execution and are on pace for retail. He/she must have demonstrated the ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment, both supporting and directly interacting with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Analytics/Problem Solving (40%)
- Have continuous pulse on the business through business performance tracking and measurement including demand, conversion, and countermeasures
- Identify marketing barriers through market analysis and work cross functionally to solve and work proactively to optimize
- Identify policy and process barriers to retail and work cross-functionally to solve
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify business issues and organize cross functionally to solve
- Perform market analysis around brand programming to understand what is and isn't working in the local markets
- Track, analyze and report industry and competitive trends to the marketing team on a monthly basis
- Take national efforts and develop comprehensive plans around how dealers can effectively support the national brand efforts to drive traffic and resonate in the local market
- Lead the development of dealer tools needed to support the national plans at a local level to ensure maximum utilization
- Implement the local plans with simplicity, clarity, and precision
- Provide "voice of the field" input to support the marketing strategy and tactical decision-making
- Work within the team and cross functionally with sales leadership to sell-in, perfect, and troubleshoot the local plan in advance of its implementation in order to achieve goals
- Work closely with marketing counterpart to achieve consistent brand and merchandising standards in the retail environment
- Create and implement effective dealer communications
- Develop yearly & monthly comprehensive plan on how to drive consistent engagement with key dealer personnel based on learnings, data, and feedback
- Implement engagement plans into Local Plan Execution with simplicity, clarity, and precision
- Identify the key market opportunities where Slingshot needs to win: track progress, implement unique/market specific plans, and work with sales to ensure key markets stay engaged and on track
- Develop how local dealer can support local events & works through asset needs (event team will own logistics/communication)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related required
- 3+ years marketing, sales, or related experience - channel or B2B is preferred
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced, high-stressed environment, managing tasks on time with critical thinking
- Track record of organization skills and project management
- Ability to influence others without authority and lead multi-faceted teams through countermeasures
- Strong creative problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Power BI)
- Dealer network experience preferred
- Standard office environment; travel to events, shows and demos (primarily throughout US & Canada)
- Up to 25% travel required, including weekends and nights.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Associate Marketing Manager- Channel
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US