Talent Management Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3653
Requisition Number: 14718BR
Join the industry leader that Thinks Outside and drives business success through talent. Joining the Talent Management (TM) team offers you wide-spread impact on the organization and people capability of a global Fortune 500 company, while benefiting from visibility to the full organization and its top leaders. In the Talent Management Specialist role, you will have the opportunity to directly influence Polaris' Guiding Principle of "Best People, Best Team." You will be responsible for influencing and executing strategies directly tied to Organizational Performance through enhancing the value streams of Performance Alignment & Achievement, Employee Experience, and Leadership Learning & Talent Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performance Alignment and Achievement
- Lead company wide performance management process and play key role in performance management model improvements
- Provides analysis and insights of performance and calibration data for HR Leadership team to ensure optimal talent decision
- Create training content including user guides and job aids to support the process
- Evaluate and continually improve end-to-end employee experiences through identification of opportunities and related metric
- Evolve employee listening program and drive ownership / execution of engagement actions enterprise-wide
- Develop and maintain standard processes aligned to the employee experience strategy to drive positive employee experiences globally e.g. onboarding Polaris Managers, orientation, exit interviews
- Manage SharePoint site to ensure resources are available for all employees. Partner with stakeholders including Corporate Comms team to deliver Polaris branded content
- Own key programs within training strategy targeted to individual contributors and high performing manager programs including evolution to best in class programs, facilitation and logistics
- Develop DPs and Interns, partner with Early Talent Cultivation team and Employer Brand Management to hard-wire brand into program
- Program support for training programs targeted to high potential managers and above
- Enhance Career and Individual Development Plan tools and own full utilization of these tools/processes across enterprise
- Ongoing vetting of training partners and tools to enhance company performance
- Support broader Talent Management team with critical initiatives, as needed
- Leverage data to provide broad talent analysis and insights to support TM initiatives
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Bachelors degree(or better) inBusiness, HR or related
- Experience supporting HR projects focused on Talent Management, Talent Development, Performance Management or similar
- Change management ability through stakeholder engagement, driving alignment, and effective communication
- Previous experience working in talent or organization development preferred
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Acute sense of urgency
- Ability to influence without authority; experience influencing senior leaders preferred
- Critical-thinking and analytical skills focused on proposing business solutions & driving process improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of HR data and information
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Talent Management Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US