Associate Marketing Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3664
Requisition Number: 14738BR
The Off-Road Vehicles Events Specialist role will own event management and participation across RGR and ATV brands. This person will make recommendations regarding which events we should participate in/host, and what tactics we should employ to achieve our goals. Strategic thinking and creativity will be needed in this role, as event goals may shift based on the strategic direction of each brand. Organization and communication are essential in this role, as all event participation is impactful to our business. Success in this role requires a motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented with a passion for power sports and event activation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and own overarching events strategy and plan across RGR and ATV brands
- Identify events that align with strategic objectives and make recommendations regarding which events we should attend and why
- Create event plan for events we plan to attend, as well as events we plan on hosting
- Make recommendations around which tactics we should employ to hit target goals for each event
- Coordinate tactical execution for events including but not limited to securing sponsorship, pre-, during, and post event communication, social media involvement, vehicle logistics, event activation, dealer and partner involvement, press and media, etc.
- Coordinate unit logistics ordering/tracking for units going to and from events, being sold to dealers/partners/racers/etc.
- Develop scalable event activations at similar Polaris-hosted events
- Coordinate involvement of Polaris' training team with appropriate events
- Manage events budget, reconciling internal costs as well as agency costs against determined budget
- Track event effectiveness, and provide timely event recaps following each event with recommendations for improvement
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related
- 3-5 years of events experience
- Proven leadership and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, managing tasks on time and within budget
- Lead relationships with internal & external partners to provide support and resolve issues
- Team leader who is able to work well across, and up and down the organization
- Ability to operate autonomously to deliver results
- Strong communication and inter personal skills, with significant attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Roughly 20%-30% travel required to Polaris-hosted events and industry events
- Standard office environment
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Marketing Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US