Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3666
Requisition Number: 14742BR
The Category Leader - Parts, Lubricants, Garage & Power will be responsible for managing and growing a profitable maintenance parts and lubricant business(s). In addition, this role will lead product, design and development ofthe category roadmap and be responsible for product life cycle management, product quality, market research, pricing, and marketing strategies to ensure the commercial success, all guided by the "Voice of the Customer." As a key member of the division's team this person will work cross-functionally to build a successful business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop plans for maintenance parts and lubricants that support the target customer and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience
- Responsible for maintenance parts and lubricants revenues, gross margins, operating expenses and inventory
- Guide team to develop and recommend attachment rate targets, sales volume, pricing and profit margin forecasts
- Analyze market data, competitive activity, demographic and lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business
- Work with sales and marketing to develop integrated retail and wholesale plans for parts, lubricants, garage and power products
- Communicate effectively with whole good product development team(s) to ensure timely parts and lubrication product development aligned with whole goods products development
- Manage relationships and processes with suppliers and engineering to ensure timely delivery, supply and orders to customers (dealers and consumers)
- Track trends in technology development, industrial design and competitive product development to help identify and anticipate future opportunities, competitive threats and foster innovation
- Identify new opportunities for further expansion of the PG&A division in new segments via organic development as well as strategic alliances or acquisitions
- Represent division and company as spokesperson on occasion; attend various industry events including trade association meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- 5 years' relevant brand, sales, marketing and/or product development experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills; Attention to detail
- Excellent presentations skills including the ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Senior Management, members of the press, dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs)
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market research tools and techniques
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of powersports and/or automotive-like products a plus
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Category Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US