Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 3670
Requisition Number: 14752BR
HR Generalist / Safety Coordinator - Polaris Battle Ground, WA
In this position, you will act as an employee advocate and partner to our leaders on all issues related to human resources and safety for the Polaris Battle Ground, Washington facility. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions partnering locally with both Operations and Engineering as it relates to HR & safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the first point of contact for managers, supervisors, and employees and provide counsel, coaching and support on HR & safety related topics and issues in a complex and dynamic manufacturing, design, engineering, test engineering environment.
- Maintain visibility and active presence, providing daily support and communication
- Talent management including identification of talent needs, organizational design, and talent acquisition with the end game of building world class teams with bench strength. This includes leading strategy of hourly staffing agency & salaried staffing strategies
- Develop and execute annual HR & safety plans that address client HR issues and priorities, high potential employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational changes.
- Manage to achieve positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, and employer of choice status.
- Manage employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly identified, reported & resolved for both manufacturing and engineering
- Ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits administration, payroll, talent acquisition, and organizational development. Implementation lead of payroll systems.
- Play a key role in continuous improvement activity, both in implementing new and improving existing HR / talent processes.
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support HR strategy (organization fitness metrics) in core functional areas (retention, span and layers, compliance, diversity, etc.)
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to front line leaders and production employees including HR Fundamentals and Process Training, Employee Relations Management, Performance Management, Career Development, and Workplace Investigations as appropriate
- Act as the site safety liaison for fundamental safety needs and strategies driven from the corporate level initiatives.
- Leads incident investigations to identify root cause of unplanned incidents and ensures corrective action measures are executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively investigates near misses and analyzes EHS reports and facility statistics for trends and patterns to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Monitors local EHS regulatory developments and implements appropriate responsive programs
- Serves as a resource on facility-wide issues related to personnel and asset safety, EHS compliance, emergency action planning and site security
- Prepares and maintains required EHS documentation and reports including safety data sheets, environmental permit applications and routine monitoring reports to regulatory agencies (e.g., Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Control Plans, Discharge Monitoring Reports, Incident Logs etc.)
- Perform environmental inspections and compliance activities associated with environmental needs
- Assist with other HR/Safety projects &/or initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field plus minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required, or;
- Master's degree plus minimum 2 years' relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years experience leading EHS with proven results
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, willingness to accept new challenges
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident thought leader and decision maker with courage to professionally challenge others
- Results driven individual capable of high level of execution
- Highly collaborative and strong in influencing without authority
- Demonstrates proactive leadership, initiative, and autonomy
Role based in Polaris Battle Ground, Washington facility. Formerly known as Polaris TrailTech. First shift operates from 7:30a to 4:00p typically. The role is expected to support operational hours as business need(s) dictate and this may vary.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist, HR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US