International Product Manager - Off Road Vehicles
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3674
Requisition Number: 14754BR
Leads Product Planning and Product Lifecycle Management for International Off-Road Vehicles (ORV), with a strategic focus on profitable growth and optimization of the business. Utilize Voice-of-Customer and Design-to-Value inputs to coordinate the development of market penetration objectives; product design, development and cost targets; market research and marketing support. Serve as a key member of the international product team that works together to continue to grow the ORV business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze market data, competitive activity, demographic & lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic growth objectives of the ORV business in global markets.
- Study and understand consumer behaviors that impact buying decisions for ORV's in global markets. Track and monitor customer satisfaction data & trends and identify various forms of market research (Voice of Customer) needed to understand and meet/exceed consumer expectations.
- Track technology development trends, regulatory trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats. Identify and promote technology and innovation that will help solve consumer problems and add value to the Polaris ORV product offering in global markets.
- Take leadership role in developing and maintaining the overall ORV Long Range Product Plan (LRPP) with focus on global markets. Ensure both ORV and global market plans are coordinated with the Powertrain group, PG&A business and North America product plans.
- Lead and manage regular Product Development Committee (PDC) meetings to define and plan the execution of ORV strategic growth initiatives in global markets.
- Champion adherence and integration in to the Polaris Development Process (PDP) for global programs. Provide direction and support for PDP gate reviews for global products. Drive clear KPC's for global customer and product specifications.
- Generate volume and model-mix forecasts and coordinate with Operations, Purchasing, PT and Sales Ops for adequate planning cycles.
- Coordinate plans with the PG&A group for new accessories and bundles that support target customers and enhance Polaris ORV product ownership and lifestyle experience in global markets with the PG&A division.
- Partners with International Business Development Manager on integration and implementation of the ORV business in new segments via organic development as well as strategic alliances or acquisitions.
- Represent division and company at various industry events including trade association meetings.
- Lead new product launch and go-to-market strategy development through partnerships Marketing and global subsidiaries & distributors.
- Provides product pricing recommendations, based on positioning relative to international competition and product line profitability goals.
- Manages global ORV trademarks and coordinates patent issues with engineering and legal counsel as necessary.
- Works with Engineering to drive the international product certification process. Responsible for distributing key documentation related to international ORV homologation to our key distributors and international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Engineering or related degree required. MBA preferred but not required. Language skills (especially Spanish) highly desirable.
- 5-8 years of experience minimum of relevant sales and marketing or product development experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentations skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences including Polaris Senior Management, members of the international press, subsidiaries, distributors, and dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs and Polaris products).
- Team Player that is able to generate trust, confidence and respect from ORV leadership with regard to ability to execute within and across the organization. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques. Strong customer focus.
- Must be able to use product competently. Extensive knowledge of off-road vehicles and other powersports and/or automotive products highly desirable.
- Ability to work across all functions and divisions with strong influencing skills.
- Commitment to quality internal and external customer service and world-class product.
- Global cultural sensitivity is a must.
- Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- 25 - 30% International travel required.
Positions are posted internally for 3 days. If you are interested in applying for this position, submit an internal application to HR within 3 days of the internal posting date above. Selection of candidates is based on the skills and knowledge of the applicant and what is required to perform the job.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: International Product Manager - Off Road Vehicles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US