Manager, Analytics and Data Science Sr.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3677
Requisition Number: 14758BR
The Polaris Analytics Organization works with business leaders across the enterprise to drive optimized strategy using data. The Senior Manager of Analytics and Data Science is responsible for driving overall Polaris enterprise analytic maturity. You will accomplish this by leading a team of data engineers and scientists, empowered to deliver end-to-end analytics applications. You will be the face of the Analytics organization, directly interfacing with senior level leaders in the Polaris business units to develop strategies to deliver everything from training of embedded business analysts, to ad hoc analyses and insights, to predictive model and artificial intelligence application development and implementation. Your focus will be on the front-end of the business, optimizing decisions related to customer acquisition and retention, retail inventory position, pricing and promotions, and multi-channel marketing, among others. You are an advocate for analytics adoption, educator, evangelist for the Analytics Org, and a senior level strategic partner to the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with multiple groups of business executives to strategically implement advanced analytics
- Build a team to execute a data-driven plan to measure and improve business outcomes with analytics
- Set and deliver enterprise data management goals to ensure sustainability and reusability of data products
- Evolve and implement an Agile methodology for delivery of results
- Grow and evolve skillsets on the team as the company matures
- Coordinate efforts across other Analytics Org teams focused on the back end of the business
- Partner with other Polaris Innovation teams (vehicle and business model) to embed AI into solutions
- Develop and execute a business engagement strategy to accomplish all of the above
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Data, Analytics, BI or related field required - Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years of work experience in an analytics-focused role, including 4+ years managing a team
- Experience with data preparation, rationalization, and processing from a diverse set of data sources
- Highly proficient with data mining/visualization/predictive modeling tools: SQL, Power BI, R, Python, Alteryx
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices
- Strong knowledge of data engineering principles and best practices, in both cloud (Azure) and on-prem environments
- Excellent communication skills and business relationship management experience
- Experience working in an agile environment a plus
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Analytics and Data Science Sr.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US